Minecraft Legends is all about leading your army of loyal mobs into battle, and each mob has its own unique abilities. Skeletons, Zombies, and Creepers are some of the most popular hostile mobs from vanilla Minecraft, and in Minecraft Legends, you have the opportunity to command them into battle! In this guide, we’ll show you how to unlock these mobs in Minecraft Legends.
Minecraft Legends: How to Get Skeletons, Zombies & Creepers
Here’s the step-by-step on how to unlock each of the mobs in Minecraft Legends:
- Recruit Each Mob: After completing the Night Beacon quest, three Homestead locations will appear on your map: the Skeleton Homestead, Zombie Homestead, and Creeper Homestead. Visit each location to recruit the respective unit, but keep in mind that you won’t be able to build spawners for them yet.
- Unlock Mob Spawners: To unlock the ability to build mob spawners, you’ll need to first complete one General Base (Spore, Hunt, or Bastion), which will trigger the Piglins’ counterattack. All three Mob Homesteads will come under attack. To free each homestead, open up your map, locate and travel to each homestead, defeat the Piglins, and destroy the Nether Portal at each location. Once you open the cages around the homesteads and command the mobs to aid you in the defense mission, you’ll be able to free the homesteads.
Place Mob Spawners: After freeing each homestead, you will be able to place the respective unit’s spawner to summon them when you want. Each mob spawner requires different resources to place:
- Creepers: 25x Wood, 25x Stone, and 5x Coal
- Zombies: 25x Wood, 25x Stone, and 5x Redstone
- Skeletons: 25x Wood, 25x Stone, and 5x Diamond
Summon Units: After placing a Mob Spawner, interact with it to spawn the unit. Here are the costs for spawning each mob:
- Creepers: 2x Coal, 2x Lapis, 1 Flame of Creation
- Zombies: 2x Redstone, 2x Lapis, 1 Flame of Creation
- Skeletons: 2x Redstone, 2x Lapis, 1 Flame of Creation
Each of these mobs has its own unique strengths and weaknesses:
- Zombies are strong, tanky frontline units that are resistant to debuffs and can disrupt enemies with their melee attacks.
- Creepers, like in vanilla Minecraft, explode on contact with enemies or structures and are great for taking out hordes of enemies and destroying buildings during raids.
- Skeletons are the “sniper units” of Minecraft Legends that can shoot arrows over walls and snipe enemies from halfway across the map. However, they are susceptible to melee attacks and need to be placed carefully.
Click here to check out our latest Minecraft Legends guides!
That’s everything you need to know about the popular mobs in Minecraft Legends, and how to unlock and utilize each one in battle. If you liked this article and found it helpful, let us know in the comments below. And remember to keep an eye on Gamer Haul for the latest updates and best guides for your favorite games!