The Barbarian class in Diablo 4 (Diablo IV) depends on their brute strength to win battles.
I would not say it is the best class at the higher levels, but if you love to get up close and personal with your enemy, there couldn’t be anyone better.
Barbarians don’t have the luxury to stay back and use magical powers like the Sorcerer or cast spells like the Necromancer. They are the physical type, and with the correct build, they could rightfully be a candidate for the top tier.
Skill Tree Guide for the Barbarian in Diablo 4
It seems like damage over time works well in Diablo 4 compared to the last games. Therefore this build would focus on making enemies Vulnerable and simultaneously deal Bleeding Damage to them.
The overall build gives you an excellent damage output that lets you defeat a group of enemies in no time. Passives will play a vital role in this build. Here is what you need
- Lunging Strike (Rank 1)+ Enhanced+ Battle– This lets you lunge forward and attack an enemy dealing 30% damage. It helps you overcome Barbarian’s slow movement speed. The Enhanced version lets you deal 30% increased damage and heal you for 2% of your Maximum Life on damaging a Healthy enemy. The Battle Lunging strike lets you deal 20% Bleeding damage over 5 seconds.
- Rend (Rank 5)+ Enhanced+ Furious– Rend lets you cleave enemies in front of you, dealing 17% damage and 134% Bleeding Damage to them over 5 seconds. The Enhanced version would extend the enemy’s Vulnerability by 2 seconds when you damage them directly with Rend. If you damage the enemy directly with Rend, the Furious version gives you 4 Fury per enemy hit and up to a total of 20 Fury.
- Pressure Point (Rank 3)- Your Core Skills will have a 30% chance of making enemies Vulnerable for 2 secs.
This means once you hit an enemy with Rend, you deal basic and Bleeding Damage. The Passive Pressure Point will give you a chance to make the enemy Vulnerable for 2 seconds and, coupled with the Enhanced Rend, will help you extend that Vulnerability to 2 secs more.
- Ground Stomp (Rank 1)+ Enhanced+ Strategic– Ground stomp is like a defensive tool that lets you do 10% damage and stun the enemies around you for 3 seconds. The Enhanced version lets you increase the stun for 1 second more. Now you have a total of 4-second stun after you stomp. The Strategic Ground Stomp reduces your Ultimate Skill cooldown by 1 second for each enemy you damage with the stomp. So if you hit 10 enemies, you get a 10-second cooldown on your ultimate which is really good.
- Imposing Presence(Rank 3)– Increases your Maximum Life by 15%.
- Martial Vigor (Rank 3)– Damaged Reduction from Elites is increased by 9%.
- Leap(Rank 1)+ Enhanced+ Power- This ability lets you leap forward and then slam down, dealing 33% damage and Knocking Back surrounding enemies on impact. The Enhanced version reduces the cooldown by 4 seconds if you fail to hit an enemy. The Power Leap helps you gain 40 Fury if you damage at least one enemy.
- Swiftness(Rank 3)- Barbarian has slow Movement speed, and this skill increases it by 12%. A must-have for all Barbarian users.
Weapon Mastery Skills:
- Rupture(Rank 1)+ Enhanced+ Warrior’s– Skewer enemies in front of you, dealing 13% damage. Then you rip out the weapon, damaging enemies for their total Bleeding amount and removing all Bleeding Damage. The Enhanced version results in an explosion when you rip out the weapon dealing 30% Bleeding Damage over 5 seconds. The Warrior’s Rupture increases your Attack Speed by 20% for 4 seconds on hitting an enemy.
- Hamstring(Rank 1)– Enemies taking Bleeding Damage will get slowed by 10%.
- Cut to the Bone(Rank 3)– Bleeding Effect will deal 18% more damage to Vulnerable enemies. This passive is very important as it significantly increases your damage.
- Thick Skin(Rank 3)- Each time you take direct damage, you gain 1.2% of your Base Life as Fortify. Which basically means extra health that takes 10% reduced damage. A defensive passive skill that could be very helpful for surviving longer.
- Defensive Stance(Rank 2)- The Damage Reduction gained after getting Fortified would increase by 4%.
- Pit Fighter(Rank 3)- You deal 9% increased damage to enemies that are close and gain 6% Distant Damage Reduction. This is the most useful passive for a character like Barbarian.
- Slaying Strike (Rank 1)- You deal 8% increased damage to Injured enemies.
- Exposed Vulnerability(Rank 3)- Damaging directly with a Weapon Mastery skill would cause your Core Skill to make enemies Vulnerable for 3 seconds. So after you directly attack an enemy with a Weapon Mastery Skill like Rupture, follow it up with your Core Skill.
- Iron Maelstrom(Rank1)+ Prime+ Supreme– This is undoubtedly one of the best Ultimates for Barbarian where you can use all of his weapons dealing a ridiculous amount of base damage (60%) with his two-handed Bludgeoning weapon along with a 2-second stun. Followed by 120% Bleeding Damage from his two-handed Slashing weapon with 20% base damage. Finally, swing the dual-wield weapons around to deal 33% damage per hit. The Prime version increases Critical Strike Chance by 10% and Critical Strike Damage by 20%. The Supreme version reduces Ultimate cooldown by 1 second for damaging the enemy directly after swapping weapons.
- Tempered Fury(Rank 1)– Increases your Maximum Fury by 3.
- Furious Impulse(Rank 3)– Each time you swap a weapon you gain 6 Fury.
- Invigoration Fury(Rank 3)- You can Heal yourself by 9% of your Maximum Life for every 100 Fury spent.
Key Passive Skill:
- Walking Arsenal- Directly Damaging enemies with any of your weapons would give you a 10% damage boost for 6 seconds. So you get a 30% damage boost for damaging enemies with all the there weapon types. And while you have all the 3 damage bonuses active, you receive yet another damage boost of 15%. This passive increases your base damage by a lot and is one of the best passives in the game.
This Bleeding build for the Barbarian guarantees Bleeding and Stun on a majority of the physical attacks you make. The entire build will work as a Unit, making you a destructive force taking down bosses and enemies like they don’t even exist.
Weapons Expertise for Barbarian:
- Dual-Weilding Weapons- Using two One-handed swords is best suited as Dual-Weilding weapons for this build. This is because slashing-type weapons will deal a Bleeding effect on enemies. Go for One-Handed Sword Expertise for the build that we have. As a result, it will trigger the Hamstring passive, and the enemies will get slower.
- Two-Handed Slashing weapon– This should either be an Axe or a Sword. You can go for Two-Handed Axe Expertise, as it increases damage over Vulnerable enemies. Our build is based on making enemies Vulnerable, so this should work like a charm. You can also use Two-Handed Swords Expertise, as it will focus more on Bleeding Damage, and our build is also based on that. Either of the two should work fine.
Aspects for Barbarian:
- Aspect for Might (Amulet)- Basic Skills will grant a 20% to Damage Reduction for 2-6 seconds. Giving you good defense against strong enemies.
- Rapid Aspect (Ring 1)- Basic Skills gain 15-30% Attack Speed.
- Aspect of Retribution (Ring 2)- Distant enemies have an 8% chance to get Stunned for 2 seconds when they hit you. You deal 20-40% increased damage to stunned enemies. This is ideal for Barbarians as they love fighting at close quarters.
This is undoubtedly one of the strongest builds for the Barbarian in Diablo 4 and it will require you to reach Level 50 plus Renown 10 to complete it.
I would recommend not maxing out all the passives immediately. Try to get all the skills first and then max out the ranks after completing the build.
Click here to check out our latest gaming guides!
That is all you need to know about the best Barbarian Build for Diablo 4. I hope this guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below.
Enjoy the game and dominate the enemies with Barbarian’s brute strength and weapon mastery. Also, watch Gamer Haul for more guides and updates related to Diablo 4 and other games you love.