Cosmic Equilibrium Challenge D2 – The latest raid in Destiny 2, Root of Nightmares, has been out for over a month now, and we finally have access to the second-last weekly challenge – dubbed ‘Cosmic Equilibrium.’ You can complete this challenge during the raid’s third encounter, Macrocosm (aka “Planets”), and if you succeed, you will have a better chance of obtaining the new Conditional Finality exotic shotgun and will be one step closer to unlocking the Dream Warrior Triumphs Title.
However, if you’re not sure what to do, you’re in the right place! We’ll explain the new challenge and walk you through it step by step so that you can complete it with your fireteam in no time.
D2: Cosmic Equilibrium Challenge Explained
“Cosmic Equilibrium’ is the third “hidden” challenge (after Illuminated Torment and Crossfire) in the ‘Macrocosm’ encounter in Destiny 2’s latest Root of Nightmares raid. While this challenge is simple once you realize what you need to do, flawless coordination among your team’s runners is essential – because you’ll fail if you mess up even a single step. However, completing the challenge at Master Difficulty is anything BUT easy – owing to the overwhelming number of ads, Barrier Champions, and Zo’Aurc constantly burning you!
If you’ve played RoN before, you’ll recall that the Planets encounter requires you to align planets, Dark and Light, in the correct half of the room. Typically, all of the Dark planets would need to be located on the right side plates, while all of the Light planets would be located on the left. To complete the new ‘Cosmic Equilibrium’ challenge, simply do the opposite: relocate all the Light planets on the right and Dark planets on the left plates before beginning each damage phase.
D2: How to Complete the Cosmic Equilibrium Challenge in Root of Nightmares
As mentioned earlier, you need to put all the Light planets on the right plates and all the Dark planets on the left plates. As a runner, you do this by not touching the first ‘odd-one-out’ planet on your plate and instead swapping the other two planets with your partner.
Here’s the step-by-step on how to complete the Planets encounter’s Cosmic Equilibrium challenge:
- Assign four runners – one for each plate – and two ad-clearers for dealing with the rank-and-file enemies and Centurions.
- Have the runners eliminate their respective plate’s Lieutenants (Barrier Champions for Master difficulty) and gain the ‘Planetary Insight’ buff.
- Once the ‘Planetary Shift’ phase begins, the left runners must pick up one Light planet each, and the runners on the right plates must pick up a Dark planet each.
- Swap the planets, shoot the small crux above the boss, and wait for the planets to realign.
- Defeat the second set of Centurions and Lieutenants and initiate the next Planetary Shift.
- The runners must now pick up and swap the remaining Light planets from the left plates and the Dark planets from the right plates.
- Finish the Damage Phase as you normally would – by aligning the correct planets on the three middle plates and doing as much damage to the Explicator as possible.
- Repeat the steps for the second damage phase preparation.
Remember that there are only two Planetary Shifts (about 40 seconds long) before each damage phase, and if a runner messes up with the swap – you need to wipe and restart the encounter! If you want a quick video guide, CourtSoul does a great job of explaining the challenge:
Click here to check out our latest Destiny 2 guides!
Congratulations! Now you know how to efficiently complete the latest challenge in Root of Nightmares – Cosmic Equilibrium. Remember to collect your reward from the Triumphs menu and check out our Rufus’ Fury God Roll guide if you’re attempting the challenge in Master difficulty!
If you liked this article and found it helpful, let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to keep an eye on Gamer Haul for the latest updates and greatest guides for your favorite games!