Riot Games’ Valorant has released Patch 6.06, which brings some significant changes to the newest agent, Gekko. While the patch notes may be short, they contain some impactful updates that players should be aware of.
One of the most notable changes is to Gekko’s ‘C’ ability, Mosh Pit. Its damage to objects has been decreased from 2.5x to 1x, bringing it more in line with the abilities of other Initiators such as KAY/O’s FRAG/ment and Breach’s Aftershock. This nerf means that Gekko’s little buddy, Mosh, can no longer deal with Killjoy’s Lockdown ultimate on his own, and it will also take him a bit longer to destroy her turret. However, this only affects objects, and damage to players remains the same.
In addition to this, Gekko’s Wingman has also received a nerf. If he’s the last man standing on the team, he will now be eliminated, preventing him from defusing the spike as a defender or planting it as an attacker if everyone else on the team is eliminated after he’s deployed. No more “insane solo clutching” for the little guy!
Other changes in the patch include a new option in the game settings to disable player outlines, which we do not recommend you do, and an update to the destruction VFX in the Lotus map for the destructible door located between A Link and A Main to make it easier to see through as it falls away. There are also some bug fixes.
Overall, these changes are aimed at improving the balance of the game and making it a fairer and more enjoyable experience for all players.
Valorant 6.06 Full Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for Valorant’s 6.06 update, provided by the official Riot Games website:
- Mosh Pit (C)
- Mosh Pit’s damage to objects has been performing inconsistently with relative abilities such as KAY/O’s FRAG/ment (C) and Breach’s Aftershock (C).
- Damage to objects has reduced 2.5x >>> 1x
- Wingman (Q)
- Wingman will now always die if he is last alive.
- Updated the destruction VFX for the destructible door located between A Link to A Main in order to make it easier to see through as it falls away.
GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Added the ability to hide Agent outlines and fresnel (the color outline on Agents)
- Go to Settings >> General >> Under “Other”, there is an option to toggle “Hide Outlines and Fresnel”.
- Wingman can no longer concuss intangible players.
- Fixed a bug where loading into a match resulted in an incorrect view of under the map.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from sending a whisper starting with a Circumflex Accent ^. You can now whisper cute emoticon faces to each other using ^w^.
- Fixed a bug causing ping icons to be displayed even when someone was muted. Muting someone will now properly suppress ping icons.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat UI was obscured when your Agent was blinded. You can now see, even when your Agent can’t.
- Fixed a bug where the join party button would still be active even though the party invite was no longer valid.
- Fixed a bug where when searching your friends list, the number of people a friend is in a party with would not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug where scrolling the social panel would sometimes scroll other UI elements like the Agent carousel.
- Fixed a bug where the friends list was obscured when auto-reject friend requests was enabled.