In The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, a side quest called “Gloom Borne Illness” awaits you in Kakariko Village. While the game doesn’t provide explicit instructions for this quest, fear not! With our quick guide, you’ll breeze through it in just a few minutes. We’ll walk you through the steps, locations, and the recipe to complete the Gloom-Borne Illness quest and cure the ailing grandmother, Nanna!
Gloom Illness Cure in Tears of the Kingdom
To begin the Gloom-Borne Illness side adventure and cure Nanna, follow these steps:
Step 1 | Obtain the Quest
- Visit the armor shop in Kakariko Village and speak to Claree. Learn about the overpriced armor and the shop owner’s sick grandmother.
Step 2 | Meet Lasli
- Exit the shop and head up the slope, crossing the small bridge to your right. Look for Lasli, a young Sheikah woman sitting beside a cooking pot. Speak to her to learn more about her grandmother’s ailment and initiate the quest.
Step 3 | Discover the Recipe
- The objective is to figure out the recipe and cook a serving of Sunny Veggie Porridge, a special dish that can reverse the effects of gloom.
Step 4 | Cook the Porridge
- After collecting the necessary ingredients (refer to the list below), return to Lasli and prepare the Sunny Veggie Porridge using the cooking pot and selecting one of each item. Once cooked, speak to Lasli.
Step 5 | Witness the Cure!
- Lasli will be overjoyed, and she will take you to Nanna. You’ll witness the immediate improvement in her condition as she consumes the dish and compliments your culinary skills!
Additionally, you’ll notice a significant drop in armor prices at the shop as a sweet reward for curing Lasli’s grandmother and completing Gloom-Borne Illness!
Sunny Veggie Porridge (Gloom Cure) Ingredients in Zelda TOTK
To prepare the Sunny Veggie Porridge, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Hylian Rice: Cut grass in the woods near Hateno Village or purchase at general stores across Hyrule or from wandering merchants on the roads west of Kakariko Village.
- Fresh Milk: Also available at general stores and wandering merchants.
- Sundelion: Can be easily found on any Sky Island.
You only need one of each, so there is no need to go throwing your Rupees away!
Click here to check out our latest Zelda: TOTK guides!
By following these steps and using the recipe, you’ll successfully cure the Gloom Borne Illness and bring relief to Nanna, the ailing grandmother in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Good job, Hero!
If you liked this article and found it helpful, let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to keep an eye on Gamer Haul for the latest updates and best guides for your favorite games!