The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom offers players a vast open world to explore, filled with hidden treasures, puzzles, and challenges. One of the first major obstacles players will face is the Gutanbac Shrine, which grants Link his new ‘Ascend’ ability. This new power allows Link to go through ceilings and other solid structures to emerge on top of them. While it may take some time to get used to this new ability, completing the Gutanbac Shrine is necessary to progress in the game.
In this guide, we’ll provide a step-by-step walkthrough of the Gutanbac Shrine and its treasure chest locations to help you conquer this challenge and unlock the ‘Ascend’ ability.
Related: Sinakawak Shrine Puzzle Solution in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Gutanbac Shrine Location in Zelda TOTK
The Gutanbac Shrine is situated in the far east part of the Great Sky Island. To make locating it easier, here are the map coordinates: 0709, -1380, 1584. Remember to equip cold-resistant armor and consume Spicy Peppers for the chilly weather!
How to Solve the Gutanbac Shrine Puzzles in Tears of the Kingdom
To complete the puzzles in the Gutanbac Shrine, you must use and master your newly acquired ‘Ascend’ ability to go through platforms and ceilings to proceed to the next rooms. Thankfully, going through solid material isn’t as tricky as it sounds, and this shrine is straightforward. Here’s the step-by-step on how to complete the Gutanbac Shrine:
- Enter the shrine and speak with Rauru to acquire the ‘Ascend’ ability.
- Equip your new ability by pressing L and moving the right stick up.
- Descend the stairs until you reach the end of the room.
- Locate the block with circular patterns above you and position yourself beneath it.
- Use Ascend to pass through the ceiling and emerge on top.
- On the second level, ascend through the left platform to reach a chest containing a Stone Axe.
- Jump off the platform and ascend through the right platform to proceed to the next level.
- Defeat the Construct in the room and observe two wooden boxes blocking a hole in the wall.
- Destroy the boxes and use Ascend to reach the shrine’s second chest, which holds a Construct Bow.
- Equip the Stone Axe and cut the ropes to lower the bridge.
- Stand directly below the bridge and use Ascend to ascend to the next floor.
- Use Ascend again to climb on top of the moving green platform.
- Wait for the platform to align with the platform above with the patterns, then use Ascend to reach the topmost floor.
- Finally, interact with the altar in the final room to exit the shrine.
Congratulations! You have unlocked Ascend and can use it in your future adventures in Hyrule.
Click here to check out our latest Zelda: TOTK guides!
That’s everything you need to do to quickly complete the Gutanbac Shrine and unlock the new ‘Ascend’ ability for Link’s new arm in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)!
If you liked this article and found it helpful, let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to keep an eye on Gamer Haul for the latest updates and best guides for your favorite games!