The objective-tracking system in Hogwarts Legacy is fantastic. With the Field Book handed to you by Professor Weasley on your first day at the wizard school, the game ensures that you are never lost and can always find your way in your quests. That is until you reach a point in Sebastian Sallow’s “In the Shadow Of Time” relationship quest when you must backtrack the way you came and exit the ‘Feldcroft Catacomb.’ The Field Book failed me at this point, and I wandered around – for longer than I want to admit – frantically trying to find my way out.
So, if you, too, become lost in the maze-like catacombs, this guide will help you find the light!
Hogwarts Legacy In the Shadow of Time Quest: How to Leave the Catacombs
As with any quest, exploration, or puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy, Revelio is your best friend in this side quest as well. Casting the revealing spell at each step will make it easier to follow through and find your way out. Here is the step-by-step on how to get out of the Feldcroft Catacomb:
- STEP 1: From the area where you meet Ominus, cast Revelio to find your way to the first skeleton door. Follow the path in the image below and go through the door:
- STEP 2: Once you are in the next room, cast Revelio again to reveal the next door. Go straight and turn right to find the stairs leading up to it. Take the stairs.
- STEP 3: Once you are past the last skeleton doorway, go up the stairs on your left and through the first door on the upper floor.
- STEP 4: Go through the door on the right and follow the waypoint out of the catacomb.
- Congrats! You have successfully found your way out of the maze.
That’s how you get out of the catacombs and find your way back into the outside world in Hogwarts Legacy. And if you did choose to learn the unforgivable Imperio curse from Sebastian in the catacombs, I have only one word of advice for you: Embrace the darkness, fellow Dark Wizard!
Check out the other Hogwarts Legacy guides by clicking here!
Hogwarts Legacy is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC; and scheduled for release on April 4, 2023, on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and July 25, 2023, on Nintendo Switch.