In The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, there are numerous areas that may initially appear impossible to reach. However, with careful planning and the proper utilization of the tools at his disposal, Link can achieve remarkable feats! This applies to the Floating Ring Ruins as well, a location crucial for advancing the “Secret of the Ring Ruins” main story quest after completing Regional Phenomena. This Gamer Haul guide will assist you in efficiently reaching the Floating Ring Ruins and progressing through this quest with ease!
Table of Contents
How to Enter the Floating Ring Ruins in Tears of the Kingdom
In the “Secret of the Ring Ruins” quest (a branching quest of “Find the Fifth Sage”), you must obtain the Charged armor set and reach the Thunderhead Isles Sky Island. Before embarking on the initial steps, ensure that you have met the necessary prerequisites. Make sure you have:
- Completed the “Crisis at Hyrule Castle” quest after “Regional Phenomena.”
- Obtained at least 10 Hearts.
- Acquired the Camera.
Once you have fulfilled these requirements, follow the steps below to successfully enter the Floating Ring Ruins and investigate the slab:
- Reach Karariko Village – the closest fast-travel point is the Makasura Shrine.
- Speak with Paya and Tauro, informing them about your encounter with the imposter princess.
- The main quest will now commence, removing the restrictions and allowing you to explore the Ring Ruins.
- Proceed forward and climb up the two ladders to reach the top.
- Step onto the platform with the red carpet and use Ascend twice to enter the floating ruins from below.
How to Complete the Secret of the Ring Ruins Quest in Tears of the Kingdom
Now that you have reached the floating ring ruins in Zelda TOTK, follow these steps to obtain the Charged armor set and successfully complete the “Secret of the Ring Ruins” main quest, which will lead you to the new Sky Island:
- Inside the floating ruins, use your Camera to click a picture of the Ring Ruins stone slab.
- Ascend to the top of the ruins and glide back down to Tauro and Paya.
- Show the picture of the slab to Tauro, and after a discussion, they will depart.
- Talk to Calip at the base of the Popla Foothills Skyview Tower.
- Proceed to Dracozu Lake, where Tauro has already started his investigation.
- Talk to Tauro and obtain the Charged Shirt from the chest in the same room.
- Find the Charged Trousers and Charged Headdress at different locations along the Dracozu River (refer to the map below). Equip each piece as you acquire them.
- Reach the final marker on the map and locate a small passage leading into the ruins.
- Enter the room, and climb up until you see an altar. Select a Zonai Charge from your Inventory > Materials, and place it on this altar.
- Ensure that you are wearing the full Charged Armor Set when placing the Zonai Charge.
- A cutscene will trigger, revealing the Thunderhead Isles, a new Sky Island.
- Fast travel back to the Popla Foothills Skyview Tower, enter, and launch yourself into the air.
- Paraglide to the Thunderhead Isles.
- Utilize Ultrahand and nearby Zonai Devices as you make your way to the Joku-u Shrine on Dragonhead Island.
- Clear the vines opposite the Shrine’s entrance to access the next room.
- Approach the huge door and interact with it. Note that Link must have a minimum of 10 Hearts to open the door successfully.
- Once the door is open, ascend the small set of stairs and interact with the altar bearing the green-hands sigil.
By following these steps, you will successfully complete the “Secret of the Ring Ruins main” quest!
Click here to check out our latest Zelda: TOTK guides!
Congratulations! You have now learned how to reach the Floating Ring Ruins and complete the Secret of the Ring Ruins main quest in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Enjoy your adventure on the new Sky Island!
If you liked this article and found it helpful, let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to keep an eye on Gamer Haul for the latest updates and best guides for your favorite games!