Play PVP Mode in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is a third-person action role-playing game developed by Team Ninja and published by Koei Tecmo. It is available now as a Day One release for the Xbox Game Pass and is also available on Playstation, Xbox, and PC.
As you progress through the storyline of this new RPG, you’ll face enemies that become more and more challenging to defeat, adding excitement and thrill to the gameplay. In addition to battling AI enemies, Wo Long also features a separate Online mode which includes a PvP game mode, Invade, that allows players to combat other players in real-time.
Many players, however, are unsure about how to unlock and play the said mode, as the game doesn’t provide clear instructions. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered! This article will guide you on how to start and play the ‘Invade’ PVP game mode in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – How to Start PVP Mode and Invade Other Players
To play the PvP mode in Wo Long, you will first need to unlock the ‘Online’ mode by making some progress and defeating the game’s first boss, Zhang Liang.
Although Zhang Liang is only Wo Long’s first boss, he’s not an easy opponent to take down! He has two phases of damage and becomes much more aggressive and dangerous during the second phase. Here are some tips to make your life a bit easier:
- During the first phase, use melee weapons like the Dual Swords – one of the fastest weapon types at this point in the game. While they deal low damage, their attack speed and ‘poking’ capability make up for it. Make sure to dodge his attacks while spamming the attack button to get as many critical hits as possible.
- Zhang Liang only uses two Critical Blow damage during the first phase, so remember to get your Fatal Strike in at the correct timings.
- The second phase is all about dodging, as Zhang Liang will get super-aggressive and start using long-range attacks. Dodge them until your Summon Divine Beast ability fills up, and then press the Z button on the keyboard to trigger a cutscene that will finish the battle.
After defeating Zhang Liang, the Online option will be available inside the Battle Flag Menu, but the PvP (aka Invade) mode will remain greyed out (locked) until you defeat Zhang Jio, found in “The Demon Heart of the Yellow Heaven” mission. Once you defeat Zhang Jio, the ‘Invade’ option will finally become available inside the ‘Online’ menu.
So, to play the PvP mode:
- Rest at the Battle Flag to access the menu.
- Select Online Lobby > Invade and confirm.
- Wait for the game to matchmake and “find a battleground to invade.”
- You might need to press ‘Retry’ a couple of times (be patient!).
Once the game finds you a player who allows Invasions, you will see a loading screen, after which you will spawn in their world and be prompted with a message that reads: “Your invasion of <player name> is underway.” In this PVP mode, your only target is to locate and defeat the host in combat, and if they have followers, you will also need to defeat them.
That’s everything you need to know about how to start PVP mode in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty!
If this guide has helped, let us know in the comment section below. And for more Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Guides, keep an eye on Gamer Haul!